In 1730 this rules was actually modified, in order that the meadow ended up being out-of-bounds to cattle until two furlongs, one each section of the Stockton-Wylye street, was harvested
(fn. 239) S. of those put the big part of Bapton Sheep Down. Beyond this, still further southward, comprise Bapton Cow Down on the W. together with Furze (‘Fuzey’) throughout the E. S. for the Furze set another an element of the Sheep Down. These pastures totalled some 480 a. N. of Bapton community comprise the meadows and orchards belonging to Bapton. Some of those are a number of, but about N.W. truth be told there place Bapton typical Meadow, and, for the E. of it, two exercises of common area, devoted to pasture. The lay-out of the two villages will make it apparent that there have once started two specific community forums- indeed two manors-but that they have been fused in outcome of a long-standing common lordship.
Within the Fisherton section there were currently 20 individual tenements, held by 16 tenants. To many of those a property had been annexed and most tenants held strips within the common fields combined with parcels from the downland. These ‘down items’ are believed to represent just what renters had bought for 4-year terminology, after the termination of which her plots were again put down as downland. The common carrying was a tiny bit under 85 a., the biggest that Mr. Bowles, just who held 521 a. The whole of the W. area of your part, known as industry Lands, was developed up of newly-broken ground, separated into big small industries and discussed between Bowles themselves and William Ingram. Within the Bapton part there are 17 renters and tenements, aside from cottage holdings of 7 a. and under. These were a mixture of freeholds and copyholds. An average carrying was about 60 a., the biggest evidently John Davis’s (d. 1743) of 120 a.