10. aˆ?Americans, while from time to time ready to feel serfs, will always be obstinate about getting peasantry.aˆ? aˆ“ F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Truly Amazing Gatsby
11. aˆ?At the enchanted metropolitan twilight we experienced a haunting loneliness sometimes, and felt it in others-poor youthful clerks whom loitered facing windowpanes wishing until it was time for an individual cafe dinner-young clerks into the dusk, throwing away the quintessential poignant minutes of night and lives.aˆ? aˆ“ F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
12. aˆ?There are merely the pursued, the choosing, the active and also the tired.aˆ? aˆ“ F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Fantastic Gatsby
13. aˆ?In his bluish home gardens boys and babes arrived and went like moths among the whisperings and also the wine and the stars.aˆ? aˆ“ F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Best Gatsby
14. aˆ?They comprise reckless folks, Tom and Daisy-they smashed right up points and creatures and then retreated back in their money or their particular huge negligence or whatever it absolutely was that stored them with each other, and let other individuals clean up the mess that they had produced.aˆ?