According to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection, all international students planning to study in Australia are now required to apply for a visa under Subclass 500 and this effectively combines the erstwhile subclasses 571 – 576 into one.
Documentary Proof Required for an Australia Study Visa
You will generally need the following basic documents while applying for an Australia Student Visa.
- The Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment as proof of admission into a college or university.
- A valid passport.
- Your visa application fee.
- Your GTE (Genuine Temporary Entrant) statement.
- Academic and work experience documents.
- Evidence of financial ability to meet expenses like tuition fees, living expenses, living costs for dependents, and return airfare.
- Details of OSHC health insurance policy.
- Statement of purpose.
- Passport-size photographs.
You will also be required to provide additional documents like parental consent if you are under 18 years of age.
Upcoming Intakes in Australia
Australian universities have two intakes every year:
>> Intake 1: Extends from February/early March to late May/early June
>> Intake 2: Extends from July/early August through to November
The first intake is usually treated as the main intake by most Indian students. The best thing to do is to prepare for the next upcoming intake.
Top 20 Universities in Australia 2021
Australia ranks as per the following among the Top 500 universities in the world, according to the QS World University Rankings 2020,