The fall, winter, and summer are the three academic intakes at the institutions in Canada.
- Fall – Lasts from September to December.
- Winter – Lasts from January to April.
- Summer – Lasts from May to August.
Top Universities in Canada
Which Canadian universities can I apply to without IELTS?
- University of Winnipeg : It is compulsory here to produce proof of the English language. This university does not consider IELTS to be essential. You can avail of other alternatives in the university itself.
- Brock University : IELTS is not required to get enrolled in this university. Other alternatives like TOEFL and IELP (Intensive English Language Program) are also valid. Your last three years of study in English with decent grades are also valid here.
- University of Saskatchewan : Apart from IELTS and TOEFL, this university also accepts CanTest. This is a Canadian Test of English for scholars and trainees from other countries. This university’s English Language Training program is also a good option.
- Memorial University of Newfoundland & Labrador : This is one of the top-ranked universities in Canada. You can attend the CAEL or the ELP (English Language Program) classes here or attempt IELTS, TOEFL, or CanTest.
- Cambrian College : It is well-known for its broad focus on research and employment. IELTS and TOEFL are not required for admission. International students can continue their studies with other universities in Canada.
Eligibility for a Canada Study Visa
The eligibility criteria for obtaining a Canadian study permit are listed below.
- You are enrolled at a designated learning institution in Canada.
- You can have enough money to pay for tuition fees, living expenses, for yourself and your family, and pay for return transportation for yourself and your family to your home country.
- You obey the law, have no criminal record, and can obtain a police certificate if required.
- You are in good health and are willing to undergo a medical examination if required.
- You can prove to the visa officer that you will leave Canada on the expiry of your study permit.
Documentation Required for a Canadian Student Visa
The following documents are required:
- Proof of acceptance
- Proof of identity
- Proof of financial support
- Statement of Purpose
- A custodian declaration (for minors)
Application Process for Canada Study Visa
Step 1 : Research to know what’s best for you
Step 2 : Shortlist the best Universities in Canada
Step 3 : Prepare for entrance exams
Step 4 : Finance your studies
Step 5 : Apply to university
Step 6 : Letter of Acceptance to a Canadian Designated Learning Institution
Step 7 : Get your Student Visa